Skip to main content

THERE'S NO TIME!!!!!!!!!

I have not written in months....maybe a year.....I have completely lost track of time.  There's actually NO time to do anything.  I am sitting in here ugly sweats......my daughter's snot all over my shirt.......and wondering how to approach this day.
I have been a bit of a mess lately.  I look like a mess.  I feel like a mess.  I just AM  a mess.  Hey...I'm like Little Miss Messy....I read that book with my daughter last night!!!!!  I digress.  Ok.....so why am I mess you ask???  Well......I feel like I just can't get my s--t together!  I feel like my house and kids are controlling me and not the other way around.  And if you're a mom...you know what I'm talking about.  But like most moms....you suck it up...drink more coffee.....and keep on truckin' (or as my late dad would say "keep on plugging!!!")  But I can't!!!!!  I'm drained and I'm exhausted.  I look around the house and sooo much needs to be done....
I need to be inspired.  I need someone to kick my ass.  You know how people get writer's block???  I have.....Mommy's block!!!!!!
I got my hair done last week.  Cute little blonde shag (you know me and my blonde!!).  But it is currently un-washed....un-kept....and pinned back away from my face.  All wrinkles exposed to the world.  I couldn't be bothered.
So how are we supposed to stay motivated day after day???
I called my best friend last night....explain my dilemma between commercials of The Bachelorette
"BABE!"  she would say in a very asssertive way "I KNOW!!!  I feel the SAME way!!!!  How do women do this?????" 
We both take a sip of our wine.....she is drinking at her house...I...at mine.
"This is pure INSANITY!!" she continues.  "Dammit!!!" she lowers her voice to a whisper "urgh....HE'S still awake!!"  HE is her 3 and a 1/2 year old.  "Honestly....the hubby can deal with him!!!!  I'm done!!!!"
We both take another sip.
We decide to end our sob-fest and re-group in the morning with new ways to look and feel like the ultimate supermom.
I head outside to my garden oasis.  I have the most beautiful backyard.  I sit in my gazebo.....looking at all the stunning plants and trees around me.  I think...in 5 years....I will be completely surrounded with all this greenery.  I stop and listen to my waterfall.  The most serene sound.  And suddenly I am lost.  I feel like it will all be ok.  I take a couple deep breaths and laugh out loud at everything my toddler said today "Mommy!!!  why do you have short hair now???  I don't like it.  It should be long and beautiful!!!"  pffttt!!!!!  nice!!!  The one thing I do take solace in, is knowing that every mom out there is doing the exact same thing as me..........and having friends that will laugh and cry with me.....not at my jokes....but at how I look that day!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Platinum Monster.

Some women will agree that how good you look equals how good you feel.   And alternatively, others may think that how good you feel equals how good you look. But I believe that we all would agree on 2 simple facts.  That every woman wants to look good .....and every woman wants to feel good. For me there comes a certain confidence when I look good.  When I'm all dressed up, makeup applied flawlessly, jewellery worn perfectly, and red lipstick painted on JUST RIGHT.  Those are the moments in which I shine.   Now let's stop for a brief second and compare to those moments when I definitely do NOT shine.   1) The moments when I first wake up and look like a cross between Mickey Rourke and Blanche from the Golden Girls. 2)  The days at the cottage when my face has not seen makeup for an eternity and I realize how far apart my eyebrows are in comparison to how close together my eyeballs are  :/ 3)  And last but not least, those...

Remember when you used to blog?

"Remember when you used to blog?  Those were the days....." This is what a dear old friend recently wrote to me on Facebook.   I was shocked.  Shocked that this person who I respected and liked so much even read my blog, or even knew that I had one.  And incredibly humbled and honoured that he took the time to send me that simple little line. I stared at the computer and re-read his words over and over again.  His comment had sent a wave of emotions running through me. And I'm sure he had no idea, but he had said exactly what I had been feeling for the past year and a half.   I must have re-read that sentence 20 or even 30 times.  And when I finally felt l like I had tortured myself enough,  I closed my eyes, took a deep  breath, lifted my head, put my hands on my keyboard.........and starting writing.   Again. -------------------------------------------------------------- Writing had always been a source of healing for ...

Mouse Mafia.

……continued from last blog post…… Well then…….  NO MORE MISS NICE GUY!! This here,  was WAR!!   I stormed back into the house, threw the empty bucket on the floor, kicked off my UGG’s and grabbed my cell phone.  I then texted my neighbor. Dylan.  I need mouse traps.  STAT!! By adding the “stat”, I had hoped that my neighbour would respond instantly.  After all, this WAS a crisis.  Similar to a medical emergency.  I’m sure that my brother, the general surgeon of the family, dealt with serious situations like this all the time, in which he responded ASAP.   Dylan…….however….. did NOT see the urgency in this matter.    He waited until later on that afternoon to respond and then “strolled” over with a beer in one hand and a few mouse traps in the other. Clearly he did not understand the severity of the situation. “What’s going on?” he asked WAY too casually....