Skip to main content

Ridiculous beauty.





My top 10 beauty tips.

 
Enjoy :)



1.  I do steam facials.  I boil a pot of water, put my face over it, put a towel over my head and let the steam do it's magic.  And then I realized, why go to that much extra effort when I'm very often already boiling veggies on the stove almost everyday?  So I have recently starting doing broccoli steam facials, corn on the cob steam facials, sweet potato steam facials.......
Effective....and delicious :)

2.  Having read up on the benefit of moisture for my body I filled buckets of water and put them in random locations around my house during the cold and dry winter months.
I thought I was quite brilliant until I found several barbies in my buckets.  Apparently the kids thought that I had set them out as Barbie hot tubs :/  Like Barbie needs ANY more beautifying!?

3.  I have recently started doing a technique that my sister taught me.  The 30-second face lift.  I massage the muscle between my ear and my chin for 30-seconds in order to lift my entire face.  I see no change.  And yet I refuse to stop just in case my face magically transforms on the 1,234th time.

4.  Because being beautiful on the inside is as important as being beautiful on the outside, I use a neti-pot to clean and drain my sinuses by pouring warm salt water up my nostrils while my head is tilted sideways above the sink.  One day when telling Mama that I thought I had a sinus infection, she asked (and don't forget the Polish accent)  "Are you using your naughty potty??"

5.  I believe that being beautiful starts with being grateful, so every morning I wake up and say "Thank you God for this incredible day".  And then I do a yoga pose.  Lion face.





6.  In an effort to improve the quality of my hair, I have been slathering my entire head in warm olive oil and coconut oil every night and keeping my head covered for 2 hours before bed.  One evening, while watching TV with my head slathered, the olive oil started dripping down my neck.  It took me a while to realize that I was licking it off my cheek every time it dripped down to my mouth :/

7.  I recently learned about Frownies, facial patches that you stick on your problem wrinkle areas in an effort to diminish those unwanted lines.  But my BFF and I soon realized that we could create our own at a fraction of the cost.  We now go to sleep with packing tape on our foreheads.

8.  There is nothing more beautiful than a beautiful mind.  And I try to keep my mind beautiful by listening to positive and inspirational audio-tapes on my commute to work.  It took me a while to realize once that my windows were open and the car driver next to me was listening as I repeated my mantra "I'm good enough.  I'm smart enough.  And gosh darn, people like me".

9.  I hate using chemicals on my body.  Whenever possible I try to use all natural soaps, facial cleansers, shampoos, conditioners and deodorant.  I just don't feel like that stuff is good for you.  




What's that you say?  

Bleach is not natural? 

Hey...TAKE IT EASY judgy-mc-judgerson!!


10.  After hearing of the many benefits of Himalayan salt lamps, I recently purchased one for our house.  Not only do they improve the quality of the air that you breathe, but they also remove the electromagnetic pollution in the air caused by computers and other electrical devices.  As I explained these benefits to my sister one day, I admitted to her that I licked the lamp to see if it was actually salt.  She burst out laughing and made fun of me for the rest of the day >:(  I felt like an idiot for sharing that with her.

Until I walked by my bedroom later that night and caught her with her tongue on my lamp.


----------------------------------------------------


For some, beauty may only be skin deep.

For me, it's about implementing a regime that keeps my mind, body and soul beautiful.

And for others, it's about doing whatever you can to erase the years so that you end up looking really, really, really, ridiculously good-looking.









At the end of the day, I think everyone is beautiful.   And I am grateful to all of my beautiful and loyal readers who read my blog every week and support me through all my ups and downs.  Thank you sincerely.  This blog is dedicated to YOU! xoxo

:) :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This. Is. London.

The year was 2000.   I was 24 years old. I had a huge job in a pharmaceutical company and was quickly heading up the corporate ladder.     During the week I busted my ass at work, which meant I made the rich corporate big wigs even richer (insert eye roll here).   It was very stressful but I worked damn hard every day to prove myself.   But on the weekends, well….. the weekends were a different story.   The weekends were my escape.     After university, my best friends and I quickly became infatuated with the Toronto nightclub scene.   It was the perfect escape for us.   The music, the people, the clothes, the dancing…..it was all so grand, so loud and so fun.    Completely the opposite of our corporate lives. We just craved it all the time.   We couldn’t get enough! You can imagine that going back to work on Monday was just awful. Not only was my body still filled with Red Bull and Vodka, but I swear that I could still feel the pumping of the music’s ba

Standing in the Dark.

“Are you sitting comfortably??   ….then we’ll begin.” Song:    It Doesn’t Really Matter. Artist:   Platinum Blonde. It was a quiet afternoon at the cottage.  Lola was reading on the hammock outside and Molly and I were coloring at the kitchen table. My cousin Julie suddenly barged in.  “Do you know who’s playing in town tonight??” she announced. Molly and I looked up startled. Julie yelled, “PLATINUM BLONDE!!” I gasped and dropped my fuschia-coloured crayon. Next to Guns N’ Roses, Platinum Blonde was a close second on my favorite bands list.   Songs like Standing in the Dark , It Doesn’t Really Matter and Situation Critical  were the theme songs of my youth as I regularly blasted them on my boom box in the 80's. I couldn’t believe that this iconic band would be playing in our tiny town of Haliburton!?  I could only hope that my children would be so kind as to attend

Physiotherapy. Do you REALLY need it??

I’m going to start off today’s blog by saying……. “I know”. I know  that it’s been a LONG time since you’ve all heard from me. I also know  that your life is not complete without my stories.  I can only imagine that you’ve probably gone into SERIOUS withdrawals and have possibly had to turn to other sources for entertainment such as Netflix, or reading books that are not at all as tantalizing or enriching as my blog.  Or perhaps you’ve even felt compelled to turn to the negativity of…..dare I say it…..the NEWS!?  I hope to goodness you haven’t.  But regardless, I’m really sorry for the time I have been away and for the consequences you have had to endure as a result of my recent sabbatical. But guyssssss, I needed a BREAK!   Since I last wrote for you, it was not long after my invasive knee surgery……..which I have since learned was actually a REALLY big deal.  You see, many surgeries in which the knee is injured, the surgeon just goes in and cuts awa