Skip to main content

Win Win Win




continued from last blog entry........



As soon as we got outside, he pulled out a pack of Marlboro's.  

Oh you've gotta be kidding me, I thought.   

I mean c'mon!  What girl doesn't have a weakness for sexy Spanish strippers who smoke?  

Say that 10 times fast!

"Do you smoke?"  he asked while putting a cigarette to his sexy Spanish lips. 

"No" I answered smiling.  But I'll gladly watch YOU smoke, I thought.

He asked why I made the trek with my girls to this "joint" and wondered whether I was here for my own stagette.  I laughed pretty loud and told him that my visit here was to celebrate the complete opposite of a stagette.  His smirk and lingering eyes indicated that he must have been very happy to hear that I was very single.

I initially thought that I would have nothing to talk about with this guy, or that he would even be remotely interesting.  Turns out I was wrong.

I had soon learned that he was born and raised in Barcelona Spain, was very close to his family (who still lived there) and was a bit of a wild child who loved motorcycles and skiing.  He had only been in Canada for a couple of years and landed this "job" in order to pay for his engineering degree.

His story seemed a tad cliche and yet I was still intrigued.  I think it was because he spoke with absolutely no arrogance.  In fact, he seemed humble and very appreciative of life. 

He was a very likeable stripper I must say.

"So, do you like this gig?"  I asked.

He blew out his cigarette smoke and laughed and said, "Let's just say that this isn't my future.  But for now, it pays the bills."

We talked for what seemed like an eternity.  I could talk to and stare at this guy for hours I thought.  He seemed to feel the same way.

"Where are you guys going after this?" he asked.

When I told him that we were going dancing, he said very quickly, "I'll meet you there after ok??" and he pulled out his cell phone to take down my number.

"Are you serious?" I laughed.

"Jes I'm serious", he said while he stared at me with his sultry brown eyes.

And after he took my number, we went back inside the club.  And right before he left me to go backstage and I back to my girls, he said, "Don't leave yet ok?  I have a surprise for jou."

When I got back to our table, I just giggled to my BFF and said, "We talked and flirted the whole time.  He's super yummy."

And my BFF casually took a sip of her drink, smiled and said, "I know.  We were outside spying on you the entire time"

My mouth dropped and I burst out laughing.  

But I wasn't really surprised.  

I would expect nothing less from my loving and somewhat protective friends.

;)

------------------------------------------------------


It was almost midnight, and we were just about ready to leave when the sexy Spaniard walked back out on stage again.

And then I thought to myself, what's one more show before we leave? ;)

His theme song came on and he jumped off the stage and walked right up to me.  I smiled and blushed as the rest of the girls in the club enviously looked on.  He held out his hand and stood there waiting.

"What are you doing?" I whispered.

"Give me your hand" he said very assertively.

I nervously gave him my hand and stood up.  He walked me to the front of the stage and positioned me right in front of him.  With my 4-inch heels, I stood at 6 feet 2 inches, which must have been his height because we were exactly eye to eye.  He said "You're tall".  I laughed. 

We stared smiling at each other for a brief moment and then he said, "Hang on!"

The next part was a blur.  

All I remember was that one minute I was standing, and then the next minute I was hanging on to him for dear life as he spun me around like a fidget spinner and then flipped me upside down.

I have NO CLUE what happened next, how it ended, or how I made it back to our table in one piece.  

But all I knew was that rush that I just felt, I needed to feel it again.....


--------------------------------------------------------


By 1am, the girls and I were dancing our little booties off in a super hot and packed night club.  

The universe did not disappoint.  We were all having an insane time.  And everyone had gotten their wishes for the evening.  Amongst the craziness, my BFF ended up having an EPIC dance off in the VIP lounge and my other friend ended up meeting a super cutie who she ended up making out with by the DJ booth ;)  

And just like in the finale of Magic Mike XXL, the song Win Win Win by DJ Khaled came on as we closed the club down at 3am.  And I walked out with my entourage feeling like a goddam rockstar singing at the top of my lungs with my arms up in the air.  

This night could honestly not have gotten any better.

Or could it??

As we made our way towards the lobby my phone ding'd with a new text.

I'm almost there.  Still want to hang out?

I couldn't believe it.  I had half expected the sexy Spaniard to be all talk and not show.  I was very happy that he was a stripper that stayed true to his word. 

I looked out the lobby window when suddenly I realized that I didn't know what kind of car he drove??

But then, I saw it.  

Silver with blacked-out tinted windows.  

A sexy Dodge Challenger pulled up and parked in front of the club.  It HAD to be him.


While my girlfriends gathered their coats and purses, I yelled, "I'll be right back!"  

"Where are you going??" they yelled.  

But I was already gone.  

(I told you I was stubborn. And I also told you that no one could stop me tonight......) 

I ran in my 4 inch heels across the pavement (I have NO CLUE how I didn't fall) and finally got to his car.  For a brief moment I hoped to God it was him and that I wasn't jumping into the car with a stranger!?  I prayed that it was the sexy guy I had met a lengthy 3 hours ago.

I opened the passenger door and saw him lounging in the drivers seat holding his smoke.  He smiled the biggest smile when he saw me, and with his cool Spanish accent he said, "Hey baby...."

That was it.  I was done for.  

Within seconds we were making out like a couple of high school teens while the love song El Perdon by Enrique Iglesias blared on his stereo. 

And just when things couldn't possibly get any hotter, a massive storm hit, and I was trapped.  

With the sexy Spaniard, in his sexy sports car, with the sexy song, all while the sexy storm thundered away.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Once the storm had ended, he asked if he could take me out for a coffee.  I giggled and said, "I'd love to, but I can't leave my friends.  I can't abandon them".

"Let's go ask them then!" he said and jumped out of the car.

"What???"  I yelled as I jumped out of the car and ran after him (Dammit!  Why did I wear such high heels!!)

We got to the door of the lobby and he grabbed my hand and walked me to my girls.  And like a true stripper gentlemen, he asked my BFF permission to take me out for coffee.  

His Spanish accent was so strong that he couldn't pronounce french vanilla. And my BFF couldn't understand what he was saying every time he said he wanted to take me for a "brench banilla".  I sat next to him giggling the entire time, while biting my thumbnail and staring adoringly at his beautiful face.  When he wasn't looking I pointed at him and  mouthed the words to my girlfriends, HOW CUTE IS HE???

But my bestie, in true best friend fashion, crossed her arms and gave the sexy Spaniard a lecture about keeping me safe and bringing me home on time. 

He looked at me and smiled and agreed. 

And off we went!  Me and my sexy Spanish date.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


He took me to a cafe, where we got our brench banilla coffees, and then we drove down the street to the Falls.  

Other than the Spanish music from his car which was parked on the sidewalk, everything else was so quiet and serene. 

There was no one there except us.

The Falls were all lit up in pink and blue and purple and the walkways looked so sparkly and shiny because of the rain.  It was all so magical and beautiful.

I leaned against the railing and stared at the rushing water going over the edge.  And just then, he came behind me and started kissing my neck.

"Jou know what we should do??"  he suddenly announced.

I laughed, "What should we do?"

"We should get a picture of us.  Jou know....to remember this night!"  

Who was this guy? I thought.  This sexy Latino was something else!

And he ran over and placed his phone on a cement barrier and set the timer.

He ran back to me and smiled, "We have 10 seconds" he said.

Well I guess 10 seconds was too long, because we couldn't wait.  

And the camera flashed right in the middle of our hot and steamy make out sesh ;) 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As my sexy Spanish night came to an end, and the sun started to rise over the Falls, he finally drove me back to the hotel. 

I did not for a second want this evening to be over, and neither did he, but I knew that all good things must come to an end.

He walked me right to the hotel room door and we took a very long time saying good-bye ;)


It was 6am when I finally crawled into bed.  

My phone buzzed one last time and I checked it with eyes half closed.

Buenas noches bella ;)

I giggled, and went to sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the way home later that morning, the girls and I couldn't stop talking, despite how tired we all were.

I told them all of the details of my sexy Magico Miguel night, and they squealed and giggled with happiness. 

And one by one, we all went through our most fun (and funniest) moments of our wild night out.  We drank our Starbucks coffees, and laughed hysterically all of the way home, as my Magic Mike playlist blared in the background.

And all I could think of was how incredible that night was.  Not only because of the sexy Spaniard, but also because of my amazing girlfriends .....who put up with all of my crazy antics and went on this wild ride with me.



And just then, my phone dinged with a text.  

It was a picture from him:







I giggled and bit my thumbnail as I stared at my phone.

And just then, my song came on the speakers.

And I thought to myself......after a brutal ending to my marriage, and a horrific 4-year battle in court, and overcoming the absolute impossible, there is no better song that I can think of as my theme song moving forward into the next chapter of my life.

No one EVER plans to get a divorce.  But if you've gone through what I went through, then you damn well better plan yourself a divorce party.  And it better be GOOD!

My divorce party was not only good, but it was exactly what I needed to bring me back to life.  

A wild night that could never be recreated.....but would never be forgotten.


And as the song blared, I got one more text from the sexy Spaniard.  


Please tell me we'll do that again??


;)




THE END.




ps - Here's Ridiculous Girl's divorce party theme song.  Enjoy :)

ThemeSong



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This. Is. London.

The year was 2000.   I was 24 years old. I had a huge job in a pharmaceutical company and was quickly heading up the corporate ladder.     During the week I busted my ass at work, which meant I made the rich corporate big wigs even richer (insert eye roll here).   It was very stressful but I worked damn hard every day to prove myself.   But on the weekends, well….. the weekends were a different story.   The weekends were my escape.     After university, my best friends and I quickly became infatuated with the Toronto nightclub scene.   It was the perfect escape for us.   The music, the people, the clothes, the dancing…..it was all so grand, so loud and so fun.    Completely the opposite of our corporate lives. We just craved it all the time.   We couldn’t get enough! You can imagine that going back to work on Monday was just awful. Not only was my body still filled with Red Bull and Vodka, but I swear that I could still feel the pumping of the music’s ba

Standing in the Dark.

“Are you sitting comfortably??   ….then we’ll begin.” Song:    It Doesn’t Really Matter. Artist:   Platinum Blonde. It was a quiet afternoon at the cottage.  Lola was reading on the hammock outside and Molly and I were coloring at the kitchen table. My cousin Julie suddenly barged in.  “Do you know who’s playing in town tonight??” she announced. Molly and I looked up startled. Julie yelled, “PLATINUM BLONDE!!” I gasped and dropped my fuschia-coloured crayon. Next to Guns N’ Roses, Platinum Blonde was a close second on my favorite bands list.   Songs like Standing in the Dark , It Doesn’t Really Matter and Situation Critical  were the theme songs of my youth as I regularly blasted them on my boom box in the 80's. I couldn’t believe that this iconic band would be playing in our tiny town of Haliburton!?  I could only hope that my children would be so kind as to attend

Remember when you used to blog?

"Remember when you used to blog?  Those were the days....." This is what a dear old friend recently wrote to me on Facebook.   I was shocked.  Shocked that this person who I respected and liked so much even read my blog, or even knew that I had one.  And incredibly humbled and honoured that he took the time to send me that simple little line. I stared at the computer and re-read his words over and over again.  His comment had sent a wave of emotions running through me. And I'm sure he had no idea, but he had said exactly what I had been feeling for the past year and a half.   I must have re-read that sentence 20 or even 30 times.  And when I finally felt l like I had tortured myself enough,  I closed my eyes, took a deep  breath, lifted my head, put my hands on my keyboard.........and starting writing.   Again. -------------------------------------------------------------- Writing had always been a source of healing for me.  Since I was a little girl, I h