Skip to main content

The Kardashians.

So I'm addicted to MANY reality shows.  The Bachelor.  Bachelorette.  Bachelor Pad.  Love in the Wild.  Amazing Race. America's Next Top Model.  The list goes on and on.  I love sitting back, with a glass of wine, and watching all these ridiculous people competing for either love....or money....or fame.....I just think it's an absolute riot!!  And soooo far-fetched from my routine life, that it keeps me completely entertained.  (ps - you must think I'm an alcoholic from the number of reality shows I watch since I drink wine during all of them.  We'll end that discussion there.) 
But the one reality show that I continue to watch.....and it drives me COMPLETLY BONKERS is Keeping Up with the Kardashians. 
If you've never watched this show before.....you have not missed out on anything....in fact, you're smarter for NOT watching the show!!!  But, for the purpose of this blog, basically the show follows the life of Kim Kardashian (socialite & mogul) and the rest of her ridiculous family....mostly composed of crazy sisters and mother. 
What drives me insane about this show is how obsessed they are with "family" and "family time".  In most cases I would think it was sweet.  But on a regular basis, they treat eachother like such crap, and constantly feel like they need to give their opinions to eachother, even if the opinion is....well....downright rotten!!
In one episode, Kim went on and on to her younger brother Rob about how his hair was thinning.  This poor kid looked mortified!!!  And the best part was that he was about to step onto the red carpet!!!!!  Now...I'm not saying I feel sorry for these multi-millionaires....because Rob could probably make his own clone and steal his clones's hair....but still!!!
Next episode was how Kim felt she had to tell her sister Khloe that her husband had horrible teeth and needed to go to the dentist.  Again, making someone feel horrible about themselves but claiming that "I love you and I want you to be better!!!!"
The last episode I just watched (again...not sure why I keep tuning in to this ridiculous show!!!!) was Kim trying to force her little sister Kendall to do runway modelling when Kendall was clearly not interested and crying about it to her Dad.
Kim...if you're reading this right now....and you probably are because I'm really, really, ridiculously important......my question to you is "why is it so important for you to ALWAYS voice your opinions????  You're mean.  You're....a MEANIE!!!! 
I never understood why "family" feel like they can give their opinions on topics that friends wouldn't dare touch. 
Recently I went to a family get-together.....and one of the husbands there made what I think is the BEST comment about how family relationships SHOULD be.  He said......"I think families should behave more like friends.  If you call your best friend and tell him/her about an issue you're dealing with,  they will most likely tell you that everything will be fine and you are still the coolest person they know."  We all sat in silence.......hmmmmm.....yes!!!  exactly!!!  Instead of saying things to your family member based on what YOU want in your life......step back and think about what that person might want in their life instead....and let them make their own decisions.
The last time I let my hair colour go natural, my Polish Aunt says to me "don't EEVERR do dat bleeeech againn!!!  you looked horrreeeble."  nice.  And when I'd wear my red lipstick, my dad told me "hey...don't look like a clown eh?"
A clown????  really???   
sigh.
Anyway, gotta run......I have to get all dolled up like a horrible clown and go run some errands.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This. Is. London.

The year was 2000.   I was 24 years old. I had a huge job in a pharmaceutical company and was quickly heading up the corporate ladder.     During the week I busted my ass at work, which meant I made the rich corporate big wigs even richer (insert eye roll here).   It was very stressful but I worked damn hard every day to prove myself.   But on the weekends, well….. the weekends were a different story.   The weekends were my escape.     After university, my best friends and I quickly became infatuated with the Toronto nightclub scene.   It was the perfect escape for us.   The music, the people, the clothes, the dancing…..it was all so grand, so loud and so fun.    Completely the opposite of our corporate lives. We just craved it all the time.   We couldn’t get enough! You can imagine that going back to work on Monday was just awful. Not only was my body still filled with Red Bull and Vodka, but I swear that I could still feel the pumping of the music’s ba

Standing in the Dark.

“Are you sitting comfortably??   ….then we’ll begin.” Song:    It Doesn’t Really Matter. Artist:   Platinum Blonde. It was a quiet afternoon at the cottage.  Lola was reading on the hammock outside and Molly and I were coloring at the kitchen table. My cousin Julie suddenly barged in.  “Do you know who’s playing in town tonight??” she announced. Molly and I looked up startled. Julie yelled, “PLATINUM BLONDE!!” I gasped and dropped my fuschia-coloured crayon. Next to Guns N’ Roses, Platinum Blonde was a close second on my favorite bands list.   Songs like Standing in the Dark , It Doesn’t Really Matter and Situation Critical  were the theme songs of my youth as I regularly blasted them on my boom box in the 80's. I couldn’t believe that this iconic band would be playing in our tiny town of Haliburton!?  I could only hope that my children would be so kind as to attend

Remember when you used to blog?

"Remember when you used to blog?  Those were the days....." This is what a dear old friend recently wrote to me on Facebook.   I was shocked.  Shocked that this person who I respected and liked so much even read my blog, or even knew that I had one.  And incredibly humbled and honoured that he took the time to send me that simple little line. I stared at the computer and re-read his words over and over again.  His comment had sent a wave of emotions running through me. And I'm sure he had no idea, but he had said exactly what I had been feeling for the past year and a half.   I must have re-read that sentence 20 or even 30 times.  And when I finally felt l like I had tortured myself enough,  I closed my eyes, took a deep  breath, lifted my head, put my hands on my keyboard.........and starting writing.   Again. -------------------------------------------------------------- Writing had always been a source of healing for me.  Since I was a little girl, I h